StarWest Slides Posted on SlideShare
I delivered a keynote last week at StarWest, Becoming a Kick-A** Test Manager.” If you want to watch me in action, you can register for the virtual conference, and see a number of the keynotes and talks. I had an interview, too.
I try to build interaction into all my talks, including my keynotes. I asked people what some of their obstacles were. The three questions I took were meetings, supply vs. demand of testers, and hurry-and-wait syndrome.
What do you think got tweeted? Not the great content I so carefully prepared. Some of that did. But when I explained you don’t have to go to meetings with no agendas, no minutes, and no action items, that got tweeted. That surprised me! I covered this in Manage It!, but clearly, it’s time to blog more about this.
About Johanna Rothman
Johanna Rothman, known as the “Pragmatic Manager,” helps organizational leaders see problems and risks in their product development. She helps them recognize potential “gotchas,” seize opportunities, and remove impediments.
Johanna was the Agile 2009 conference chair. She is the current agileconnection.com technical editor. Johanna is the author of these books:
- Manage Your Job Search
- Hiring Geeks That Fit
- Manage Your Project Portfolio: Increase Your Capacity and Finish More Projects.
- 2008 Jolt Productivity award winning Manage It! Your Guide to Modern, Pragmatic Project Management
- Behind Closed Doors: Secrets of Great Management (with Esther Derby)
She is working on a book about agile program management. Find more of Johanna's articles and her blogs at www.jrothman.com and at www.createadaptablelife.comMore About Johanna »
November 1 - 3, 2013
Current Topics on the NFJS Tour
- Core Java, JEE
- Dynamic Languages: Groovy, JRuby, Scala, Clojure
- RESTful Web Apps
- Frameworks: Hibernate, Grails, Spring, JSF, GWT, more
- Test Driven Design
- Ajax, Flex, RIA
Why Attend the NFJS Tour?
- » Cutting-Edge Technologies
- » Agile Practices
- » Peer Exchange
- Languages on the JVM: Scala, Groovy, Clojure
- Enterprise Java
- Core Java, Java 7
- Testing: Geb, Spock, Easyb
- NoSQL: MongoDB, Cassandra
- Spring 3
- Automation Tools: Git, Hudson, Sonar
- HTML5, Ajax, jQuery, Usability
- Mobile Applications - iPhone and Android
NFJS, the MagazineMay Issue Now Available
On the road to learningby Raju Gandhi
Refactoring to Modularityby Kirk Knoernschild
RESTful Groovyby Kenneth Kousen
Getting Started with D3.jsby Brian Sletten